Friday, July 24, 2009

Ok...insomnia...

So I seem to suddenly be suffering from insomnia again. I had it for years off and on, and I have been in an "off" insomnia phase for about a year. Since we moved in here, I have had no consistent insomnia. Well, I've had it for three days straight this week. It's so frustrating. Anyway, I'm up and trying to wear myself out a little so I jumped on here. I've visited absolutely every other website I know of.

I've begun getting things organized for school. I still need to clean out the office a bit, but we are set in all other ways. Ryleigh has not been going to swimming lessons this week. She has just not been into it, so we are riding bikes instead. I'm so happy that she loves to ride her bike. I was just thinking tonight how lovely it is that she gets to have such fun here.

In all of our other homes, she had no real place to play. It was either apartments, or the yard we had was FULL of stickers. At my Grandmothers house, which had a huge beautiful yard, I spent so much time fighting with my Grandmother and being miserable, we didn't get to play much. That was a sad waste of a year. Anyway, here she can run all across the huge field in front of us, playing with sticks, rocks and dirt. She rides her bike all around the field and I can see her the whole way. She picks flowers, examines bugs and plays in our sprinkler. Tonight she was riding her bike barefoot, in a tank top and shorts, through the sprinkler where it sprayed out into the road. It was glorious. The wind was cool, the shadows had fallen some, the sunset made the sky pink and gold. Small happy clouds were floating around. I had to just lean my head back and thank God for all his glory. For allowing me time to sit in a rocking chair on my front porch, watering my yard and flowers, and watching my little girl play to her hearts content. Simply divine. I so hope other people get the chance to enjoy a little piece of every day with their families!

Ok I might just be tired enough to sleep...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers