Summer, at least for school purposes, is drawing to a close! We have four weeks, from tomorrow, until we begin homeschooling for the year. Sometime next week I will sit down and draw up lesson plans and a time schedule for each subject, lunch, recess and electives. We will be doing art and home economics. However, home ec. will take place during lunch time for the first few lessons. I'm so excited! I'm also so happy that she does not have to go through the pain of the first day, or getting up at the crack of dawn and rushing through the morning routine, just to be shoved out the door to school. We will still be up and doing school in the morning, but it will be around nine and she will not have to rush. She will get up at 8:30 and get dressed, have breakfast and brush her teeth. Then we will walk ten steps to the school room and get started! Also she will have no time limit (for the most part) on how long she can work on a subject. We will work on it until it is done. For tests of course they will be timed, but if she is struggling on Math, and needs an extra 30 mins so be it. Alternately, if she speeds through something, we will simply put it away, instead of hanging around for the full time I've allotted. I am working on social things for us to do, this is NOT one of my main concerns. Frankly, I have yet to find a child (outside of family and my friends, who are like family) that I want her to socialize with. There are varying reasons for that. However, I realize she needs to get out of the house and make friends so I'm hoping to join a Christian Home school group sometimes soon!
As for the rest of us, things are going well! My Mother is still in remission. My Aunt, while not in remission, has not had to have any more tumors removed from her bladder...PRAISE GOD! My sister and her children are gearing up for School, which starts for them on the eighteenth of August. My brother in laws, and their families are doing fine. Wes and Katie are enjoying their new home, and baby Maddie is as cute as can be! Jim is working three jobs and the girls visit as much as they can!
As for me, as you can see by my choice of background, I am READY for fall. I really don't enjoy the heat. I love summer because of the grilling and swimming, and all of the wonderful things. I enjoy the 4th of July, and the summer sounds. The locusts, lightning bugs and warm rain. All of that does not remove my loathing of the heat! It really makes me grumpy, lol. Fall is my absolute favorite season and I have already bought a pot of fake sunflowers to put in my bathroom! Yay!
We are on to our second month trying to conceive! I did not get pregnant, obviously, last month. I wasn't expecting it because it was the first month after the reversal. I was still disappointed when I saw that negative test! I got over it quickly, and now we are on to the next month! I'm trying to loose some weight, which I think should help some. I paid for a subscription to Fertility Friend, which is an online fertility tracker. My subscription is up in about 30 days, and I will not renew. I think I'm just going to let nature take it's course, because I was super tense last month, watching every little sign. So, I'll go ahead and track this month, and then next cycle I'll just go natural. I'm assuming it will take us awhile to get pregnant, I don't want to put a time limit on it because that's just more pressure! So, we are going on a dream and prayer, hoping for a little miracle!
My sister is not able to go on our trip to Texas now, so I will be bringing my friend Tiffany instead. We went to high school together and were always pretty good friends. She recently had weight loss surgery, the same one I'm considering, and she is looking fantastic! So, it should be a blast!
OK, I think that brings us up to date. I'll update again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment