One of the things I find so interesting about dieting, is the lies we tell ourselves. Including things like, when I'm on a diet I get all picky about the types of "light" recipes I find. I'll read a recipe for whole grain pasta salad with lots of veggies and 1/4 cup of veggie oil. I get all snobbish..."OMG a 1/4cup oil in pasta salad? That's WAY too much fat." Um...excuse me, weren't you the girl that just ate two bigmacs and a large fries? Call me crazy but you could DRINK that 1/4 cup of oil and still be under your regular daily intake of fat and calories. Not to mention the oil in that recipe is for an entire salad, meant to serve six people... So I'm starting to realize I'm being way to hard on myself in an attempt to lose 52lbs in one month. It's not going to happen and I need to get used to cooking healthily even when it does include oil and whole wheat pasta. SO, when I go to the store today to shop for healthy stuff, I will not feel bad about the things that aren't exactly "DIET" food, just health food.
Sometimes I'm just exhausted at the amount of time I spend thinking about this. HOWEVER, here I am starting up all over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment