Well, another Christmas has come and gone. The living room is strewn with toys that were unwrapped with such ecstatic glee, and then tossed aside for the next one. Although, I could never call Ryleigh ungrateful for sure. She made the rounds with each toy, playing with one for a bit and then moving on to a new one for a bit. We had a white Christmas for the first time in YEARS. Actually I can never remember it actually SNOWING on Christmas Eve, ever before. It was a wonderful winter wonderland and we were all so filled with Christmas joy! The only problem with it was that we were unable to go anywhere for Christmas! So no one came for Christmas Eve dinner, and we were not able to go anywhere either. We will be joining my Mother today sometime, and going to see my in laws tomorrow. I'm not that upset by it really, it just extends Christmas for me by a few days! I'd love to take Ryleigh through the Christmas lights once more, but I'm not sure it the snow will melt in time. Anyway, we ended up just having roast and potatoes on Christmas Eve, a family of three. Christmas day was spent enjoying each other and lazing around. Wonderful. On to the New Year!
On a sad note, Rob's Aunt died yesterday at around 1pm. She was his Dad's oldest sibling, and only sister. My father in law is not doing very well, and his only other sibling, his brother James, is in the hospital right now. So there are not many people to go to, to talk about it. It very sad all around. It was not expected and I'm assuming it was an aneurysm of some sort, because of the details of her death. I'm sure we will be attending a funeral sometime soon.
Other than that things are going pretty well. Ryleigh is having so much fun with the snow, and Rob is on vacation until Jan 2! It's so great that he gets to have some time off after working so hard all year. I think I might try to talk him into going to my friends house for a New Year's party! We have never been to one, lol. We don't drink so it will not be an all night thing, but I'd like to go see my friends! I'm sure he will agree. He really loves most of my friends!
I guess that about brings us up to current. Ry's on a home school break for Christmas, so no news there. No baby yet, but I'm still hoping and praying! I'm starting to look forward to a New Year and all the promise it brings. I give thanks to God for giving me the ability to find joy in the little things, like the change of ALL the seasons, joy and eagerness for the coming year, hope that things will always get better, and love for my family that grows with each passing day. Life is so fragile, and it is over so quickly, we must always remember to try to live everyday with our eyes open.
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year 2010!!
No comments:
Post a Comment