Yay for Spring! It's only a few weeks until it's "officially" Spring and I can't wait! I adore the change in Seasons.
Rob is outside in this beautiful weather God has sent, building a raised bed for me to plant vegetables in. I cannot wait! It will be a wonderful addition to our home school, to have Ry watching the plants grow and helping me to do it! It's a pretty big project, and it will be the first time I've had a garden of my own to work on. All we can do is try, and it will be so nice to save on veggies this Summer!
We are planting, seed potatoes, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, watermelon, radishes, and herbs. Including dill, rosemary, cilantro, parsley and basil. Yummy, we will have fresh salad, pickles, salsa, potato salad and tons of fresh herbs to season with. I'm so happy! I hope it goes well, with God's help, I know I can do my best!
It's SO windy here, and in the low 70's. Really very nice. I was up late last night, so I got a late start to the day. I need to get busy cleaning up, my Mom is coming over tomorrow for a visit. She has a few pots to bring me for the herbs, since they probably won't fit in the raised bed.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment