Ever since I had my daughter, I have been in one of two frames of mind. Either A. DIETING or B. NOT DIETING. Starting tomorrow I will be in frame A., AGAIN.
My husband and I have thrown out all, and I mean ALL, of the food we should not be eating. I even dug into the back of the freezer and the top shelf of the pantry. It is all gone. We will be doing a liquid fast for two days, followed by a reformed lifestyle and eating plan. I've framed out a very simple diet, that will eliminate the need to buy a ton of food. I've joined an Organic Food Co-Op through my home school group and will be picking up the supplies I ordered tomorrow between 4:30 and 5:30. Rob and I are both ready to get our lives under control, but we have been here before! All I can do is pray for guidance and hold on tight to the strength God can give me!
Rob has begun to Coach a Semi-Pro football team and needs to get in shape so he can keep up with those young guys! His first scrimmage was tonight and he had a really good time, so I want to help him get fit so he can enjoy it for a long time! We are both overweight enough that our health is in immediate danger, so it's important for us to stay on track. We are setting a horrible example for our daughter, and she has already struggled a bit with her weight as well. Not that she has a ton of weight to lose, but we've had to juggle around to find the right size for her and stuff like that. She's such a girly girl, that it's hard to make her be active! She wants to sit in front of her dollhouse all day, or sit and draw, or sit and play babies. It's so cold that there is not much in the way of outdoor things to do, but we have been doing a fun aerobic exercise DVD together. It's been a blast!
Still no baby and I'm starting to feel like it's because of my weight. I made an appointment for the ob/gyn on Feb. 3, and I'm excited to hear what she has to say. She will run blood tests for me, to check hormone levels and such, and I'm hoping she can test Rob for certain things too, ;). All in all, I'm pretty sad that it hasn't happened yet, but I'm trying to remember that it's only been seven months...ew, it sounds like a long time when I say it out loud! Well, all in God's time, and if I get pregnant this month, I could have a Fall baby! Next months would be a Halloween baby! So I still have many things to look forward to!
Wish me luck on the next few days, it's going to be tough, but worth it! A few prayers for my family to have strength would be appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment